BAC Call for Exhibit Entries
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Fall to Winter
Open Juried Art Exhibit
September 17, 2022— January 21, 2023
Deadline for Entry: August 26, 2022 at 5:00 PM
The Bowie Arts Committee (BAC) will sponsor a virtual exhibit of artwork from local artists. This exhibit will be conducted at Bowie City Hall. Artists may submit up to two paintings, photographs, mixed media, fiber art, or sculptures. The theme for this exhibit is Fall to Winter. The exhibit will feature artwork showing fall and/or winter images. Some examples might be artwork with ice, snow, people ice skating, or fall leaves. The City will not accept for exhibit at City Hall any artwork containing religious themes and images, nudity, politically offensive images or graphically explicit scenes or images.
Eligibility And Requirements: Any original 2-D and 3-D work that meets the exhibition guidelines will be considered. Artists must reside in Maryland, Virginia, or the District of Columbia and be 18 years of age or older. A contract for the exhibit must be signed and returned for all accepted artwork before the exhibit opens online. BAC reserves the right to refuse any artwork that fails to meet these requirements.
Digital Image Specifications: Digital images will be used not only for the online exhibit, but also for jurying and planning the exhibit, and publicity purposes. Therefore, they should be the best quality you can obtain. We also recommend that you watermark your images with your name or logo.
• Images should be at least 72 dpi, 500 kb in file size and saved in JPEG format. The image file size must not exceed 2MB.Procedure for entry: Complete Google Entry Form (https://forms.gle/u5DepSjQFM4UZaKU6), upload your digital images (do not include images in the body of the email, please make sure they are uploaded in the Google Form). Entries that do not meet the specifications or those received after August 26, 2022 at 5:00 pm are not eligible.
• Name your files as follows: Last name First name Title.jpg. Example: LeeAnnieBlueMonday.jpg.
• No printed text, other than the artist’s name or watermark, should be visible on photographs. Images must be cropped to show the painting only, no mats or frames showing.
• Artwork may be no more than 40” horizontally and vertically.
• Any submissions not following the above guidelines will not be accepted.
Selection: Selection for exhibition will be made by the City of Bowie Arts Committee from JPEG images.
Sales: All sales are between the purchaser and the artist. No commission will be collected by the City of Bowie. Sale and artist contact information will be included with the online exhibit.
Questions: Please contact the City’s administrator for Public Art programs: Lori Cunningham at
firstname.lastname@example.org at 301-832-7451.