The Red Cross is looking for some volunteer photographers. If you are interested in volunteering your time please contact Steve Jesatko at email@example.com or Cyndi Ryan at Cyndi.Ryan@redcross.org 410 624-2082. See the description of what the Red Cross is looking for below.
Opportunity: Greater Chesapeake Region Communications Team: Photographer
Location(s): Allegany County, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City/County, Calvert County, Carroll County, Charles County, Frederick County, Garrett County, Harford County, Howard County, St. Mary's County, Washington County, New Castle County, Kent County DE, Sussex County, Cecil County, Queen Anne's County, Kent County MD, Caroline County, Talbot County, Dorcester County, Wicomico County, Worcester County, Somerset County, Accomack County, Northampton County
· Responsibilities: Photograph Red Cross events, disaster scenes, and other activities. Photograph relevant material to be used for social media and other Red Cross publications and media releases.
· Time Commitment:
· Minimum of 24 hours per month (3 shifts in 8-hour blocks, 6 shifts in 4-hour blocks, one 24-hr block, etc).
· These shifts are "oncall" meaning that during any given shift you are scheduled for, you must be ready to respond should you be called to a disaster scene, most of which are home fires. Example: In a given month, you select to be oncall for 3 shifts of 8-hour blocks. You may be called zero times, or you may be called three or more times, depending on the number of fires in the area during your shift. But you have to be ready to respond.
· Flexible, as you can choose your own shifts throughout a given month.
· Will submit sample photography upon interview with Regional Communications Director.
· Experience in photographing people and events.
· Must have own camera (not cell phone camera).
· Must be 18+.
· Red Cross volunteers, partner agencies and clients
· Length of Appointment
· 6+ months
· Development Opportunities
· Leadership role within Communications Department or other department
· One-on-One training with Regional Communications Director
Improve visibility of American Red Cross in the community and raise awareness of the good work of the organization.
Stephen A. Jesatko
American Red Cross Volunteer